Noah's story continued, part 1.5
Many of you reading this blog may be confused. "I thought she was working on part 3?" Well, you are correct. But my memory is not perfect, nor does it keep things in the right order. Shocker! The other day, I remembered an event that happened between Thanksgiving 2000 and January 2001. So, back tracking I will go. (Be warned, this will probably happen a time or two more before the story is done.)
Christmas Eve 2000 was spent in San Antonio with my husband's family. John and I went to SA a few days earlier to spend time with his sisters' family and parents. (I will always remember my sister-in-law going out to run errands, then seeing a present for Baby McCain end up under the tree.)
We all spent the morning watching our toddler niece open her presents. Late morning John and I packed up to head back to Corpus to spend the rest of Christmas day with my mom and rest of my family.
As always, John got behind the wheel to drive us home. I settled in for the trip. The highway was fairly empty, not many other vehicles around. Since it was drizzling and raining, I was at ease due to the lack of other cars.
John and I were in conversation, then all of the sudden, the car was spinning! We were hydroplaning! I don't remember how many times we spun or how we stopped, but we did stop. I do recall vehicles further behind us had stopped. Thankfully we did not come in contact with them or anything else. Timing was perfect and no one was harmed. My nerves were shot and my bladder was screaming!
As shaken up as I was, I knew that He was ultimately in control. And once again, He kept his promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment