Today began like every normal day. I no sooner got out of bed and the daily stalking started once again. Call the police you say? It's not quite that easy. Besides, they would just laugh at me. You see, my stalker has four legs, a long tail and her nose likes to flip my covers off me if I don't get up soon enough for the stalking to begin.
John and I are the proud owners of a German shedder, I mean Shepherd. Coco is about 2 and a half. She was a gift from my mother. My brother has Coco's litter mate sister. And Coco was born on my sister's birthday. Our puppy is very much a daddy's girl, very attached to him. She is Noah's best friend. Aden loves her, but would much rather have a small dog or cat. And I am the morning treat giver and belly rubber. I also make sure she has been fed in the evening when I get home from work.
Today began as most days do. I wanted to sleep in, but Coco didn't like that idea. She walked over to my side of the bed and stuck her nose under the cover, but I held on tight. So the nose went under my pillow on search of my hand. My wiggling away from wet nose resulted in John telling her to go away. That lasted until John got up. Then she was back to get me up. Fine I say, and get up. My morning walk to the bathroom consist of a large dog following me. The stalking has begun....
My sweet hubby makes me breakfast. I sit in my rocking chair, eating breakfast while Coco stares at me, sometimes barks and whines. This results in me rubbing her neck and chest with my foot while I eat. I am multi talented, in case you weren't aware. On good mornings, she waits till I finish eating to request my foot rubs.
After breakfast I head back to my room to get dressed. Coco comes and sits at my feet, but she is so excited that she can't sit still. If course this usually results in dog hair all over my pants.
Next is my maneuvers around her to get to the bathroom. She has given up laying in front of the bathroom door. Now she lays in the middle of the kitchen floor to remind me that she needs her treat.
Sometimes I can sneak out of the bathroom and return to my room for shoes. Other days I am not so lucky and she is back on my heels or trying to get me to follow her back to the kitchen cabinet where her treats reside.
FINALLY, the treat is given. She gently takes it from me and runs into Noah's room to eat it. His room is best for eating, per Coco's opinion.
After treat, she walks me to the front door in hopes that I will take her with me. Very rarely does that happen. Of course, I have told my boss that if he would allow me to bring her to work, she would provide free security service. Maybe some day.
Until then, she will be waiting when I get home from work to start stalking me again. She tries to convince me she hasn't been fed.
Stay tuned for more Coco stories, I have plenty.
No comments:
Post a Comment